Tuesday, January 17, 2006

what a beautiful story

I just finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha. What an extraordinary story. I read the last couple of chapters on the way home this evening and felt a sense of peace as I closed the book after the last sentence.

That book definately tugged on some heart strings, let me tell you.

Today was the end of my two day working week coz I'll be off to Brisbane tomorrow for ADORE06. What will come out of it... who knows?

Had lunch today @ Sky Phoenix for John's birthday. I was this close to not going because I felt like a bit of a JI but when I got there I decided I was being much too petty. It's always good to catch up with friends you only get to see once every couple of months - or in Ed's case, once a year... though I expect that to change now he's back :)

After work, a few of the grads got together at Senate to farewell Ken before he runs away to HK. What a move. It was a great turn out, I must say. I'm glad that the weather held out because cheap steak + summer night = VERY CHILL.

I'm gonna be doing a lot of last-minute packing tomorrow. I'm so hopeless at doing things in advanced - that should be another resolution hey? They're coming along... my resolutions... hopefully they'll be ready by the end of the month.

Good night :)

No comments: