Sunday, March 12, 2006

"you'll be fine"

... is what I'm hearing a lot of lately. But no matter how many times I hear it, the apprehension that I've been feeling takes over.

I've taken a new role in another team within the bank. It was a pretty fast process. One week I was talking to a workmate about opportunities in her division and four weeks later I've interviewed, waited, been confused, been pulled around, made a decision, dropped it on my team, handed over in a rush and taken time off. While it was all happening time felt like it was snailing along. Now, I look at tomorrow and see the manifestation of everything that's happened in the last four weeks and I wonder where the time's all gone...

... and I'm scared. It's a fear I'm sure will be replaced by the excitement of being in a new team, meeting new people and taking on new challenges. It's a funny fear... and I like it.

The last four days have been quite refreshing... will probably be the last break I get till Easter. The first thing I'm gonna do is have yumcha. Loads and loads of yumcha. Who's coming? I miss Asian food. I gave it up for Lent this year. It's tough. Really tough.

One last thing before I sign out: I love my friends. I don't say it enough. I probably don't show it enough either. My house drawing analysis (courtesy of the girls) says I'm 'closed off' and make it 'difficult' for people to get close to me. But I know that when I do let that handful of people into here *points to heart* , the thought that I'd ever really permanently drift away from them terrifies me. So I just wanted them to know that I do love them - I just suffer from an abnormal complex that prevents me from showing it in a non-retarded way.

Ok that's all. Check ya'll later.

PS. I watched Walk the Line last night. That was a nice movie :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'll be fine dont worry about it at