Thursday, August 19, 2004

Ok, I'll admit it... I'm a sucker for love and the sort. I was up all night reading all these quotes and every few really strike a chord with me.

So many quotes, so many meanings but I'll only remember some. I think that the ones one reacts to - say something about the person. Don't you think? So deduce what you want about me:

Because science and rationality has nothing to do with it...
How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics
so important a biological phenomenon as first love?
-- ALBERT EINSTEIN
You call it madness, but I call it love.
-- DON BYAS
The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of.
-- PASCAL

Because it's true...
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-- ALLAN K. CHALMERS

Because it goes beyond the boundaries of age and time...
Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.
-- AMY BLOOM

Because it requires dedication...
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings..
-- ANAIS NIN

Because I believe it should be selfless...
Him that I love, I wish to be free -- even from me.
-- ANNE MORROW LINDBERGH
Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
-- ROBERT HEINLEIN

Because it is a choice (thanks anonymous#2)...
Love is a choice you make from moment to moment.
-- BARBARA DE ANGELIS

Because it's miraculous...
Whoso loves, believes the impossible.
-- ELIZABETH BARRET BROWNING

Because it involves friendship...
All love that has not friendship for its base,
Is like a mansion built upon the sand.
-- ELLA WHEELER WILCOX
It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
-- FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

Just because...
If I know what love is, it is because of you.
-- HERMAN HESSE

That's it. Thank you and good bye.

No comments: