Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Later OOTS

Uni is OVER! Yep, no more exams, no more assignments, no more late nights doing 80 page reports, no more boring lectures from monotonal lecturers, no more peer assessments...

It's the end of a four year era - I was a bit nostalgic when we finished my final HCI presentation this afternoon.

What am I gonna do now?

I'm gonna need to take u some sort of hobby or activity to make the most of these summer nights! What to do, what to do...

COMING UP:
* 3 weeks of full-time work =\
* So I think my birthday/graduation/desbidida/Christmas/New Year celebrations might need to be bumped up to the 26th November. Early, I know... but there's no time!
* Hawaii!! then EUROPE!! Woohoo!

--

So who didn't watch the Sex and the City farewell last night? I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I got a little touched by it all. Those girls bring up such interesting topics on friendship, love, life... and sex. It's quite entertaining actually.

I'm trying to define who Mr. Big is in a woman's life.
"There is an elusiveness to Big that most women have encountered at some point in time. And just like the real-life Mr. Bigs, he makes Carrie believe she is the one who can get into his heart. She will be the one to break through, and capture his affection for eternity. But she never quite gets through. The potential for commitment is enough to sustain her for a while, but Carrie can only endure so much ambivalence and heartbreak."
Then there's Aiden (*sigh* Aidan):
- So genuine
- So caring
- So flawless

Then there's Berger who I'd be cautious of ever dating. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a relationship where I am intimidating to the other person.

Why is it that we're attracted to the Mr. Big's of the world? Why do we always want what's so difficult to get? Why can't we be satisfied with the Aidan's?

Is it the challenge?

That's my initial thought. I find it EXTREMELY hard to turn down a challenge - no matter how battered I get in the process. They say...

What doesn't kill you, only makes you STRONGER

So maybe it's because the danger, the hurt, the challenge... strengthens us? That doesn't sound logical for crap.

So how does it stop?

How the HECK do you give up the addiction to danger?

I didn't get much sleep last night coz of our last HCI assignment - 2 and a half hours (which, I reckon, is the reason I woke up 6 stops late on the train home!) - and it hurts. My body is tired. But I won't change. I am driven, motivated, by the dangerrisk that I won't get things done...

I don't know where I'm headed with this. My head isn't really forming opinions or arguments very well right now. Oh damn.

Bye!

No comments: