Sunday, August 09, 2009

So, I got my hair done at a new place

I swear when I saw the hairdresser that was going to do my hair yesterday I briefly thought to myself "this girl looks like a noooooooob". But as I've been taught, you don't judge a book - or in this case, a hairdresser - by its cover. So I didn't, and I agreed to let her dye my hair.

About 40 minutes later, they brought a mirror out to me and I my roots were white and a lot of my hair was - no joke - bright orange. I almost cried. They didn't even take me back out to the salon to fix it up. They left me at the basin where the re-touched it until they thought it was presentable. Even after they were "done" it was way too light - nothing like the colour in the photo I showed them. So they continued to re-touch at the basin and after 2 hours, my hair was at its desired shade.

Trust your instincts: if your hairdresser looks like a noob, they probably are. Don't risk it unless you're okay to have dye burning into your scalp for two and a half hours.

In other news, my hormones are kicking in. Apparently, when you quit, you sign-up for the glory of nature. Great.

No comments: