Sunday, December 14, 2003

10 days later...

Warning: This is a long post. Click here to see it in a larger window

Work's been amazing! Not only am I learning more than I ever expected to learn - but the people I'm working with are so awesome! Two noteable events:
#1 - Drinks with the summer kiddies on Wednesday arvo. Suddenly, about twenny-sumthin TAAAALL IBG interns were part of the group. So, I got to catch up with the kids I made friends with on the first induction AND meet a whole lot more! After we got kicked out of Macciato, we proceeded for some more alky across the road at theVAULT.

#2 - Knocked off work early on Thursday to have a Christmas afternoon with the team. Went to Dee Why Beach for a swim with the up-for-its then had drinks and dinner along the strip. It was so awesome. I find it so amazing that I managed to get along with a bunch of people are at least ten years older than me - all married or the sort! I even got a Christmas present from the boss. Can't help but feel loved - it was really awesome. Got to Cabcharge it home too - WOOHOO!

Had a lo---hooooot of late nights putting my thank you cards together for my birthday party. Even though they didn't come out as good as I wanted, the effect was there :)

Then............... I turned 21
@ Midnight: I was located in my parent's bathroom, doing what you normally do in a bathroom. I went out to have some tea because - I felt like it. Veed came out into the kitchen and found me sitting on the floor so she wished me her Happy Birthday then. Before I slept, I got my first birthday SMS from the ix-Nay.

theDay: I got my periodic SMS's, the calls... the love. Met up with Cruz for a bit at lunch. I met Baz, Therese, Mel, Veed and Lionel @ Veda for lunch. Ate and spent the rest of the afternoon trying to stay awake.

theArvo: Met up with Liv, Minh and Mel after work. Saw the SmartSalary crew at RETRO for a bit then went in and out of a few bars before deciding to head out local.

theEvening: After getting rejected from Savana's, we had a cheap dinner at Pho. It was a beautiful night - thanks for being there girls!

theNight: We went back to mine, where my cousins and my sister were putting together my giveaways - thanks so much for that. Kristela was being a perfectionist, as usual, but they wouldn't have turned out so pretty w/out her touch :) Talked into the night until I turned 21+1day.

Saturday was hectic as I'd imagined. Lots of errands, lots of helium, not a lot of rest - but I bought Nix her birthday present finally! WOOHOO!

The party itself was awesome! I was so happy being surrounded with everyone that was there. Kudos to Mel, Nix, Alisa, Veed and the KKK for the speeches. Extra love to Kris for making me cry with her beautiful voice.

TIMEOUT: I meant to say it during my speech last night but... THANKS MILLIONS to my "two hands". While life's so hectic and I don't have time to sit down and take it all in, I've got the most willing girls to help me run the errands I couldn't and put up with my bossiness. Luv yas Neex&Veed

There are so many things I'm thankful for from last night. I can't say them all coz this blog is long enough - but all you guys know how much I appreciated you being there to celebrate my 21st birthday. There's too many of you to mention but:

T-H-A-N-K-Y-O-U

... from the very bottom of my heart. You guys know you rock my world in so many different ways ;) Just wait for my end-of-years aiiiite?

Pics up soon. LAAAAHV YA! <3 Nel

No comments: