Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I've had so much excitement in me for the past two days. I wonder whether it'll diminish once I settle in...

On the Induction: Met the other 12 Summer Vacation Students at Thinkspace yesterday morning. I think we were all equally nervous and excited which made things a little more comfortable. I believe we're all in different areas of the bank... with only 3 of us hanging out as part of ISD - in different groups though. We sat through a number of talks on the bank's facilities, HR policies, coy values and the internal intranet. I think it was the first lot of talks I haven't nodded off in. Morning tea was great, Lunch was great - then we had to go to work...

On the Perks: OROTON @ Wholesale prices, free weekend parking, schmancy pen - what more can I say?

On the Execution: We all ended up on Lvl 7 while our supervisors called our division contacts and one-by-one we were taken away into an unknown world. It was pretty scary... but funny at the same time.

On the First Afternoon: I was introduced to all the people who sat around me - had to start memorising names again! I also got taken around to key areas as a mini-tour before I got to work. I was asked to work on setting my computer up with the right dev tools yesterday afternoon. I hit a bit of a dead-end in the process, but it was the end of the day so I just left it for the next day.

On the Second Day: I spent all of today finishing off my machine setup. This included a lot of waiting time because it took a while for the helpdesk to set me up on Unix - so I browsed some other docco lying around... and went through some Java tutes - FUN! I was gonna have lunch with Mew, but the team usually has lunch together on Tuesday (which is one or two team members' treat!) so I decided to stay in and get to know the team a bit better.

On the Christmas Party: WOOHOO! Christmas Party in 2 weeks!

On the Security Passes: I LAAAHHVVEEE IT! I've never had one before - so everytime I use it, I feel like a spy! VERY COOL!

Ok that's it for now... more later... maybe.

Y'know what I realised today? Male cologne can be really ALLURING. There's something about it that can turn someone into WOW-material. It's like a drug or something - stay strong Nel, stay strong!

One more thing...
On Tact: Some people don't have it... but should.

Ok really... that's it. Bye!

No comments: