Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Schmalentine's Day Everyone!

I've been MIA for the past 2 weeks on this thing huh? Well... tonight, the night where every couple's doing cute kisses and telling each other that they love each other, I get to stay home :) Nah it's cool though. But I'm here because... well you can only watch so many FRIENDS episodes in one night. I'm already up to Seaseon 6 (minus Season 4 - coz my mum bought it for me in the US)!

Anyways... I guess I have to tell you what's the happs been for the past two weeks huh? Okay okay...

I'll start with the weekends coz they're always easier to re-cap. Last Friday-Saturday was the first Friday-Saturday of the month so I spent Friday night-Saturday morning at church. It was really awesome coz so many of the youth made an effort to make it since it was gonna be our last vigil with Cor & Bobby. We stayed up most of the night... around 3-something the girls fell asleep in my van and the boys managed to stay awake till morning.

Last SaturdayDay, I trekked it to Parra Park with Mel for Ed's Farewell BBQ! Achievement of the day? I know how to play frisbee! I'm not very good at it... but whatever, at least I know how to play! Gonna miss the Ed-sta!

Last Saturday night we had a dinner with the more senior MHCC Sydney kids + Steph from MHCC Melbourne. We had dinner at Carne Station in Parra after Veed and I waited and talked in the car for almost 2 hours! After dinner, we retreated back to Cyrille's house where we played, hands down, the most fun game of Taboo EVER! Have you guys realised how fun that game is? Well... it is! The evens won that (YAY!) and we ate the odds in Pictionary too! I think it's because Cor and I were too overly competitive! HEHE

Sunday was very... emotion-filled. We went to Cyrille's house again for our last MHCC meeting with Cor and Bobby. It was really beautiful. Then we just hung around, ate a very well deserved lunch, and a bunch of us went to Good Shepherd for mass together. It was a loooooong day. As much as I'm terrified about what we've been left with... we're gonna keep going... keep going!

Last Thursday night we had Farewell Drinks for the summer students that finished up their summer program with Mac the following day. Even though I'm still gonna be working there for another couple of weeks... it just felt like the end of an era or something. It really has been an awesome experience - a part of me really wants to stay!! We'll see...

Last Night was pretty fun! I met Minh and Mel after work for a girl's night out. We went to dinner at Savana's... we stayed there for a couple hours - the only reason we left was because it was so obvious they wanted us to go already (they were packing chairs up and EVERYTHING!). SO, we spent another couple hours parked in my van (we love vans) just talking about whatever. It's so good to have catch-ups like that! Especially when you don't get to see your friends in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of every day life y'know?

Today, Mel and I made a last minute trip to the City to get our hair straightened! I miss walking through the Central Station tunnel! I'll no doubt be doing lots of that in a couple weeks *sigh* When we got to the hair salon, we found Dee sitting down getting her hair done too! Damn how coincidental right? Anyways... 5 hours later, my hair is shorter but....... a guy could probably not tell the difference. You know what? A girl would have to touch my hair to find out it's been straightened because when they'd done half my hair, it looked pretty much identical to the half of my head that hadn't been straightened =
... oh deja vu "Nel, you spend $x to make your hair look exactly the same as it did before!" Hm.

I think that's all. If I remember more, I'll tell ya later! Okay bye!

No comments: