Saturday, February 14, 2004

Ok if you couldn't be bothered reading my spiel down there about where I've been the past couple weeks... then just read this stuff that I've been meaning to blog but haven't...

I'm amazed about the power of HOPE. Veed and I were talking about it last week, and so many people - myself included - often make decisions, or put themselves into situations because of HOPE. Have you noticed that, if you wanted something that you couldn't have... but still had a smidget of hope left in your heart that you might eventually have it one day, you hold ever so tightly onto that bit of hope?

Does that make people like that, pathetic? Does it mean that they can't let go of their foolish dreams? Does it close their heart to other paths in life because they're still hoping that the path that they want to follow will open up for them one day?

I don't really know the answer to that. All I know is that, when I don't let go, it's because deep down in the smallest corner of my heart - there's still hope. No matter how foolish I may seem, even though the odds are against me... it's really hard to let go of that hope.

I remembered this week why people have best friends. There's something about the way they restore your integrity, the way they remind you that you're worth more than you think, the way they open your eyes to the things you refuse to see - without even really knowing it - that keeps you going.

That's all. Bye!

No comments: