Monday, February 16, 2004

I'm at work at the moment... but I'm interested in what everyone has to say about this...

Seriously, I want to know.

What would make you lonely?

... then with an answer in mind:

Would you avoid that situation that would make you lonely AT ALL COSTS? If so, how would you do this?

If you come up with one... I'd really like to hear about it. Ta. Bye!

*extraEDITextra*
Why does the concept of lonliness almost always relate to relationships of the romantic type? What does it mean for all the people that never find their special someone? Does it mean that they will be lonley?

I have issues with that. I find it hard to accept that it is every single person's destiny is to find someone to love, like that. It's that kind of socially accepted attitude that ultimately makes people that don't find someone feel lonely isn't it? I don't know. I just have issues - because that influences people to invest time in looking for someone and then possibly finding someone that might not be right for them. What can happen then? What could happen is that these people might hold on to something that isn't right for them. People are stuck in physically or emotionally abusive relationships because of what they think is "love" (love doesn't HURT) and because it's just so scary to be on their own.

Something I think that is more damaging to someone's life than just not finding the right person to love, like that - is the sort of thing that people have commented about on this post: Not having the people that you really care about around. Not having your friends and your family around. Not having them around because you've pushed them away in one way or another. That's pretty sad.

Oh yeh... and Mindy's comment sparked up a new question in my head:

Can someone that cannot and will never be yours be someone you're meant to be with?


FINAL COMMENT: I truly believe that there will always be someone around to love you. I fear the wrong kind of love. It'll come for who it is intended - there's no need to search.

PS. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong. There are some things I might be know I'm blind to.

No comments: