Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Nothing's ever gonna change the way I feel
The way it is, is the way that it was...
When I said I do
I meant that I will
'Till the end of all time

Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore - When I said I Do

That's the song I was alluding to when I commented on Mindy's blog today. It really does have some beautiful lyrics but the verses just hurt it.

Sorry for the neglect aye. I've been pretty busy - I think. I figure that's a good stock excuse for not blogging for those who check in on me every so often.

Ok... so the happs:

I saw THE PASSION of the CHRIST on Wednesday. I'd review it but I've read two good reviews on it already - and those two pretty much sum it all up. But I guess for completeness...

I really liked it. I can't say I enjoyed it because watching it stirred up so much sorrow and shame in me. THAT'S what I believe it was about. We all know the story... but the Bible tells it so briefly. The Bible said "... and they scourged Him...". What did everyone expect? I don't know. Some people were touched, some people were heavily blinded by doubt and by all the controversy surrounding the film. People spent so much time looking for hints of anti-Semitism that they didn't see His mercy, and His love. That's what I think the movie was about. It was LOVE.

"There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends" John 15:13

What happened after that day...? Oh yes, I saw the girls on Friday night for a bit. We went to some hotel (location check?) lobby to have coffee and just talk. Apparently, I forgot to pay for my drink - OOPS! Sorry guys... next round's on me! How embarrassing is that? Anyway, I couldn't stay long because I had to meet some kids that came up from Melbourne for the weekend. We heard mass at Homebush, bonded, then retreated on home. That night Claire taught me how to do morning and evening prayers using the brieveries - that stuff's amazing!

This is how the rest of my weekend panned out:
SATURDAY
* PostADORE2004 Recollection at Homebush Saturday morning to around lunch time. We chilled out till everyone had to go to watch "The Passion..." again (some of the Melbournites hadn't seen it yet).
* I didn't get to go because I took a stroll down the street to Bernadette's 21st Birthday Party. That was lovely. This is a girl I practically saw grow up. We don't get to see each other much unfortunately but I can seriously say she's one of the best friends I could have! We both live very separate lives... and I saw that when I was at her party. She had so many different kind of friends (cute American International Students *drool* and their girlfriends *rollseyes*) AND she's become a really sexy dancer. I was making eyes at her from my corner and my my does that girl know how to shake it! I was so jealous! She reckons she learnt how to dance from me - I think NOT! I got up there and there was NO WAY I could move my hips the way she did!

SUNDAY
* Just had a prayer meeting in the afternoon. Had a cake for TEEEEEEJ and then retreated to Cy's to chill till we had other places to go
* Went to Menard's house, invited the rest of the youth and hung out, watched the boys play ball for the rest of the night

MONDAY
* Left the house at 6 to go to Church and send the Melbournites back home =(
* Cy, Penny, TJ and Bianca came over and we watched Fighting Temptations. I think we all fell asleep at some stage during that movie. There was a point when we were all lazing around the house just sleeping because the weekend that PASTED (sorry, Minh... had to do it hehe) didn't allow for lots of sleep.
* Went to my first Uni lecture. Can we say 'boring'? I had to resent to making comments under my breath to Mel (who sat in on the lecture - I don't know why she put herself through that misery! LOL) because that was way more interesting than hearing about Software Engineering Issues.

TUESDAY - Went to work.

WEDNESDAY was today. I went to uni again for my only class where I am nigelated. I managed to walk in half an hour too early because I thought my class started at 11.30am. I realised I was in some "Network Servers" class after a minute and I proceeded to excuse myself out. How gay is that? Anyway... sysprog is currently boring. I'm vowing to learn vi sometime soon because using gEdit just doesn't look cool (and by "cool", I mean "geeky") enough - plus Llewol reckons using anything but vi makes you fake.

After my lecture, I called my sister to claim her because I had noone to chill with at uni. Uni's crap when there's noone to chill with. I'd go with Minh but I think her class finished much earlier than mine did. I went to Parra with my sister to shop because I don't have enough clothes for uni in my wardrobe :( PLUS I want a bag - PLUS I want new shoes. Ran into Alisa and Alex so we caught up on the L5 Foodcourt where Alex gave me some quick vi pointers. See? I'm DETERMINED!

Ok... that's all you guys need to know about my life for now. I had something else to blog about... but this post is long enough. BRB!

No comments: