Sunday, April 18, 2004

>Feeling a bit... helpless.
Past couple of days have been a little bit hectic... in terms of uni work. It's gotten so bad that I've neglected 3 of my 4 subjects when I've got assignments just as trying due real soon! I'm probably not going into work tomorrow because it's so bad. Which means of course that I should make up for the work I'm missing out on somehow. I've got priorities though - and an important one is to GRADUATE.

Friday night, we had an informal group meeting for accounting. It turned out okay. We planned what we were doing the next day (yesterday) and just went over other bits and pieces we needed to clarify.

Yesterday was pretty fun. It was a long day, a tiring day... but I'm pretty happy with what we got done. Jos and Henry picked me up an hour late (= ontime filo time) and we went to get Minh and Tommy for our first bit of video shooting for the day.

Minh, Tommy and I hung out in the breakout rooms for what felt like almost an hour filming Tommy's "Warren for Virgin Mobiles" skit. My tummy was sore from laughing, and I suppose a little sore coz I was hungry too! Since we were running late, everyone met up at uni instead of Maroubra (which was going to be our next stop). Llewol and Lylie came down too coz they were in the city checking out the GP sale. Since we were altogether, we used the TAFE footpath to shoot the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" introduction sequence. I was so proud of the boys! They looked so slick and they were so enthusiastic about being gay men (although they probably looked like a bunch of models instead of gay men). It didn't take us too long to get that skit complete, coz let's face it, they were just walking. So we went off to Maroubra.

Maroubra is such a beautiful beach. Pity we went there primarily to do uni related stuff because it'd be a fun day if we just chilled out there the whole time. Wasn't too bad though because the commercial we were shooting - dubbed "All I Need Is You" - really just consisted of us chilling out. So we played volleyball and frisbee for a while. We went closer to the water to build a sandcastle to jump onto as well! They were so proud of it though that we were planning to just dive over it because we didn't want to ruin our creation! But it had to be done. In about 2 takes, we demolished our beloved sandcastle. We wrote in the sand, ran away from the waves and we even built a human pyramid! That was tres cool. I think we got enough footage to fill in the 2 minute commercial we're planning to have!

Everyone started leaving and the sun was out... so Minh, Dave, Bjorn and I decided to stay for a little longer to take a swim. The waves at that beach were monsterous! I had to boob check everytime one hit me. And sometimes, the strength of my body (which isn't much really..) wasn't enough to hold myself up... the waves was soooo strong!

Anyway, we had to leave eventually. We dropped Minh off at Town Hall coz she was going up to St. Leonards then Dave drove Bjorn home and me to Groove - which I couldn't get into because I'd come to late! Argh! What a waste! Despite the fact that I sooked so much about having to go, I was a little upset that I didn't get to. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Had an early night last night. Seeya!

No comments: