Saturday, May 22, 2004

motown. - req by llewol

So when I think about Motown, seriously, all I think about is Boyz II Men. Because I think I ventured out into the music world late enough to have missed everything that came before them. Plus it reminds me of Motownphilly (I can't type Motown first go without typing Mow\btown) - which reminds me of my first concert ever.

Y'know when I went to the Boyz II Men concert back in ninety-fow (10 YEARS AGO - gosh) all I knew about the group was everything from End of the Road to II. Wasn't that much of a diehard fan I must say. But I remember being at the concert and them getting us to sing that bit in Motownphilly with them and I thought it was the coolest, most creative thing I've ever heard.

Oh yeh and I also remember that Superbowl a few years back when the half-time show was all Motown "Every guy, grab a girl... everywhere arooound the world!" VERY COOL.

So my first concert was a Boyz II Men concert...

The next one I went to was... neXt - which was crazy fun because RL blew us a kiss!
Then... many years later, but only four months ago - Australian Idol! Probably the best concert ever because I was with the most diehard Australian Idol fans I knew...
AND... in around 3 weeks or so... Justin Timberlake! I can't wait man!

Nothing much has happened the past week...

Oh... my cousins and my Tita came to Sydney from the Phils on Wednesday. The boys are soooo cute! When they got to my house, it was like having little people running around again. It hasn't felt like that since Cheska and Jon were here last Winter.

AND... when I watched them (coz they're so fun to just watch) playing at Parra on Thursday, Nix and I started getting all maternal again. We were thinking about how beautiful it would be to have kids of our own. We also started thinking about how devastating it'd be to not be able to do so - if we never get married, or if we're infertile. My gosh - my heart would break.

What else? Oh yeh, I had lunch at some Jap place with Mel and her CBA/ex-CBA friends on Friday. That teriyaki chicken was fantastic!

Then there was last night's AFI presso at uni... followed by a bit of group talkage outside Bldg 10. I miss that crap.

TONIGHT'S PLAN: Get started on my 0% progress SEF assignment.

Peace out... A-Town. Motown. Goodnight.

No comments: