Tuesday, June 08, 2004

".. whether or not we THINK we're on the controlling end of a situation, we're the ones who get hurt in the end. That's so messed up. I hate it. I really really do."
I was thinking about why people get hurt. I think that perhaps, to a degree, we let ourselves get hurt. In the many situations I've seen recently, I've seen people get hurt because, at some stage, they let themselves go. A wall comes down. A wall that exposes their inner most being. A wall that kept them from being vulnerable.

Once that wall comes down, it's a long and difficult process to build it back up. The person that made you feel like you'd be safe bringing the wall down is the same person that made you remember how important it is to keep the wall up. Then they change. Well, they don't really change - they return to the person you knew they had in them but were too naïve to see through the lies.

You don't believe they could ever really hurt you; but then you're not suprised when they do...

How do you go back to a time when you felt invincible?

No comments: