Monday, June 14, 2004

thankful.

Let's try this again...

I'm thankful because I know that, if I really set my mind to it, I can achieve what I need to achieve by the end of the day. Last night, I was so set on just complaining about what I can't change that I made no progress on the report. But it can be done. Even if it isn't super complete, or super perfect - what's gonna matter is that we did the best we could in the time we set ourselves.

I'm thankful because I still have two legs that can get me from here to there. Even if it gets me there a little slower than usual, I at least have the option to get there at my own discretion. I'm also thankful that this injury isn't even that serious and it'll be gone in a week and I'll be fine again.

I'm thankful because I have friends that are there for me regardless. That these people I hold close, stay close... and they're who really matter. I had a talk with a couple of people last night. They reminded me that, in the bigger scheme of things, what I worry about is insignificant. They reminded me that I am a tad too emotional about things after I've psycho-analysed and over-analysed them, drawing my own conclusions that just upset me. THEN, indirectly, they reminded me that there are people that really care - I'm just so consumed in my issues with the people that don't seem to to see that. Holler, you two. You guys rock my world :)... really.

--

Add to that the mini-discussion I had with each of them about... ok.
Have you ever wanted something so much that you didn't?
...or rather, have you ever wanted someone so much, someone that you think could make you really happy, that you were scared of ever getting them because the mere thought of losing them terrified you? So scared that you're almost glad you don't have them? See, coz I have that... and as much as having him could be amazing, having him means keeping him... which might be a challenge in itself. So I'm fine w/out him now. Excuse the crypticness... if you know, you know. If you don't, don't get your panties in a knot trying to figure it out.

Okay... gonna start using this new found mojo I have. Positive Energy really works! Bye.

No comments: