Sunday, October 24, 2004

Believing

"That night I started to think about belief. Maybe its not even advisable to be an optimist after the age of thirty. Maybe pessimism is something we have to start applying daily, like moisturiser. Otherwise how do you bounce back when reality batters your belief system and love does not, as promised, conquer all? Is hope a drug we need to go off of, or is it keeping us alive? What's the harm in believing?"
I'll tell you what's wrong with it...

As I said a few posts ago, I hope in things. I don't believe in them. It's for the reason that believing in them implies a degree of dependence on them. It's like believing in God - You depend on Him.

... and I don't want to depend on something so uncertain. If I accept that I don't always get what I hope for... not getting something is easier to deal with. That's it.

Thanks Alisa for the quote =) Bye!

No comments: