Thursday, October 21, 2004

Kryptonite

Coz I can't stop thinking of you /I've been trying not to love you / I'm helpless, girl, it's true / So I'm giving up tonight / Coz baby you're my kryptonite
Guy Sebastian - Kryptonite

What comes to mind when you hear kryptonite?

There's the obvious - Superman. The man who is invincible. A man of steel who's strong and impenetrable. Kryptonite induces weakness and inertia. It reduces the ability to be strong and the ability to move. Now isn't that an interesting metaphor Guy's used in his new single?

So who/what in your life is your kryptonite?

The more interesting question of course is the who version of the question, isn't it? Dur. Here - I'll paint a picture for you.

You're a person that goes through life feeling virtually invincible. Nothing can break you. You're confident, strong... but you're human. Someone in your life plays your kryptonite. The one person who breaks you down, makes you feel like jelly, releases the smile you try your hardest to keep inside and weakens you.

But kryptonite is dangerous to Superman. Kryptonite induces inertia - the inability to motion, instils the internal forces that opposes change and the ability to move in any direction.

So what is Superman to do? Tell me. Messy isn't it?

In other news...
* Had Yum Cha @ Piccadilly with my Mum and Veed - So yum!
* I paid off my plane ticket to Europe. EEK! It's done. It's done.
* Minh and I dinnered at Superbowl tonight. Cheap food, good food. PERFECT.
* I (obviously) bought the Guy Sebastian album. Lots of good songs on it. That's my opinion by the way, and if you know me well enough, you know what I classify as 'good'. That's right. Lots of softc---.
* "Well, Nel's a bit dramatic... so it should be funny" - Minh on what I'd be like in Europe

That's it. Good night =)

PS. Sheesh. That took me 45 minutes!

No comments: