Sunday, October 24, 2004

The Great Loves

I tried to advertise / and tell you through my eyes
Guy Sebastian - How?

Been watching an episode here and there of SATC this weekend. That's such an interesting show. Hand up if you've ever thought you're like Carrie Bradshaw? *puts hand up* Seriously, if you take away all the inappropriate s3x scenes, that show has a lot of interesting points of contemplation. It's also funny because I swear I've blogged some of the stuff she's thought of. Earlier today she even wrote seomthing about, my favourite topic, HOPE: Is hope a drug?

At the moment...

How many great loves does one have in their lifetime?

According to my palm, I'm meant to have 2 and a half. Although, looking at it now (my palm), my half is fading and it looks like I'm only going to have 2. Well, we'll see now won't we?

The thing with things like predicting, or forecasting, the number of great loves in your life is: What if you get to your nth 'great love'... and then break up with them? Believing in the ability to be able to forecast this sort of thing could lead you to believe that that's it. Then you'll start thinking that the person you're going to marry (or end up with, whatever) has to come from the pool of your defined set of 'great loves'. What to do? What to do? I don't know, time does wonders. Someone I thought could have been considered a great love 3 years ago could have turned into just one of my past boyfriends y'know? This 'great love' stuff can only really be analysed at the end of the day...

Have I experienced a 'great love'?

I don't think I have. Maybe I have. Thing is, as you grow and mature, sometimes you crush more maturely than you 'loved' in the past. So a 'love' you experienced in the past just turns into a high school infatuation. So... I have no answer there.

This whole concept is scary. Esp if you meet a guy that claims to have had a great love. For them to still believe that someone they've broken up with is one of their lifetime's 'great loves'... eeeeeeshk. Anyway...

Two years ago...

I've done a lot of reminiscing lately about what was going down 2 years ago. I've been reading old blogs, old e-mails - seeing the way I perceived certain people and situations. Looking at my attitudes toward the same people and situations now... so much has changed. Actually, some things haven't. But gosh. I can't really go into it right now, but there's just so much history! Man!

Oh yeh... and you know what I realised last night? It has been about 2 and a half years since I saw a movie with a guy - just the two of us. Damn. My conclusions from that:
#1 - I can't go to the movies with my guy friends. That's too weird for us.
#2 - I need to find new guy friends.

In other news...
* Mel's BBQ yesterday was pretty fun
* Our group of friends is so nerdy - they were playing chess for a large portion of the day =/
* We played redlight again. That game was so fun!
* Jos, Sarah, Nix, Lil and I made a swing routine
* We played... bar
* It's funny how we were standing around some of the time, teach each other how to dance...

That's it. Bye!

PS. There is noone online on my MSN list right now.
PPS. Gotta go to church! My dad's back from the US!

No comments: